The Uganda National NGO Forum (UNNGOF) is a National Platform for NGOs in Uganda. Its mission is to provide a sharing and reflection platform for NGOs to influence governance and development processes in Uganda and enhance their operating environment. UNNGOF envisions an NGO sector that is coherent, respected, and well-informed – actively contributing to citizens’ well-being and safeguarding their rights.
UNNGOF is searching for a consultant to conduct an analysis of the status and condition of Civil Society Organizations in Uganda for the period 2019 to 2022.
The main objective of this study is to examine the internal and external factors and trends that have impacted CSOs since 2019 to date. The study will cover a wide range of parameters such as internal governance, financing, state/CSO relationships, and operating space.
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The consultant/firm will assist UNNGOF to conduct a study on the state on the State of Civil Society for 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 and produce the State of Civil Society Report. This study will document the factors and trends that have impacted the CSO sector in Uganda and capture the dynamics of civil society at a particular time and across a period of time.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study will have national coverage, covering a minimum sample of 40 districts. The study will cover a trends analysis across a period of four years (2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022) and will focus on Civil Society Organisations in all their distinctions and thematic focus.
The major output within the above-stated objectives is a comprehensive study of the state of civil society in Uganda. The specific outputs are:
Complete survey data tools including; survey tools, questionnaires, and KII Guides.
Methodological and implementation plans
Training, reviews, surveys and reflection reports.
Inception report for the study with detailed methodology and draft assessment instructions/tools.
Draft and final report of the study.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Consultants/Firms are invited to submit the following:
- Full Technical and Financial Proposals
- Detailed technical proposal will include proposed methodology indicating the overall process, and a clear work plan including outputs/deliverables and time frames.
- The financial proposal will include detailed budgets containing total costs as per man-day rates, and any other costs anticipated in undertaking the process of the assignment.
- Detailed CV of the consultant/firm with a full description of the profile and experience.
- Contact details of at least two independent referees with in-depth and proven knowledge of the applicant’s expertise and relevant work experience.
- A cover letter outlining the suitability of the consultant or firm for the assignment, motivation, and summarizing relevant experience.
Full Technical and Financial proposals should be sent via email or hand-delivered to UNNGOF Offices by close of business Friday 12th May 2023 to the address below:
Uganda National NGO Forum
Plot 25, Muyenga Tank Hill Road, Kabalagala
P.O Box 4636, Kampala
Click the link below to download the detailed Terms of Reference: